Thursday, April 30, 2009

Tomorrow's another day....

One thing I've learned that almost always holds true, especially in motherhood, is that if I have a really rough day, the next day is almost always better. And so it was today. I think 48 hours of being flat on my back helped because today most of my lower back pain was gone. Rollin and Nina went to one of my friend's houses all day which was a total treat for them, and so incredibly helpful for me. Rollin had the time of his life because he just loves this woman. Her children are grown and she played grandmother for the day. They played ball, went on a walk, made turtle pancakes, went shopping at PCC where Rollin picked out two ears of corn, one apple, and a package of Glee gum, and watched a movie. I never give him gum so he was super stoked to show me his little package when Francee dropped him off.

He tells me his toe is "totally better, Mom" as I wince every time I look at it. It just looks awful and started oozing blood today. Nice. Rollin is a tough little kid. And I'm sorry, but this is a gross little picture!


I got right into the chiropractor this morning and had my back adjusted. And then I rested at home all afternoon, trying very hard not to get up and start getting busy again. It's hard not to want to spiff things up and catch up on laundry with Mom coming tomorrow. I tried out some new cleaning ladies on Monday, but that was pretty much negated by the fact that I spent the next two days in bed letting the kids undo all their hard work :) So today I had to do just a little and I felt my back tensing up and pain in my legs. So I went back to the couch! My energy level is back enough now that I feel better about having the stamina for giving birth. My birth kit also arrived today so everything's set for our first home birth! Should be interesting.

Rollin is finding it harder and harder to get comfortable on my body. There's this big watermelon in the way of his old favorite resting spot. Oh well, not too much longer although things aren't looking promising for my wish for a May Day birth. No real changes. But I still have a glimmer of hope. Horseback riding tomorrow, anyone???


Just in time for mom's visit, it seems like all our purple flowers are coming up. And purple is one of her favorite colors.



And the sun is out!



Things are definitely looking up.

No comments: