Kona, who is also suffering from seasonal depression because the kids and I aren't big fans of "wet dog", perked up tremendously.
We had our little Easter party on Monday, and it's hard to believe I'm saying this, but I was actually hot! We invited all the neighbor kids and a few other friends we don't get to see as often as we like. We set up the egg dying operation in the greenhouse and everything else out in the yard. The kids decorated Easter cookies and Sela made a new version of her game "Pin the Easter Egg in the Bunny's Basket." Ketsy and I hid 300 eggs and my body ached from all the bending over! We had a great time but I was pretty exhausted at the day's end. Well, at least my body was. My mind says "GO" but my body is not keeping up the pace. Fortunately, the girls had a sleepover with our next door neighbors and Rollin fell asleep for the night at 4:30 in the afternoon. I was so busy at the party, I only have a few photos of Rollin and one of Nina with a bloody nose. Poor little thing ran into a tree branch when reaching for an egg!
Today we had no plans, and boy does that feel great! Rollin and I had lots of time to play and just hang out while the girls were still at Sophia's house. We kicked the ball back and forth, went back for a second Easter egg hunt to see if there were any missed (Rollin found 8 more!), and rested in the hammock. Zig even came home early to work in the yard. I was completely and utterly unproductive and sluggish all day, but it was still a lovely day.
4 comments:
What a fun party! Your yard is perfect for an egg hunt. It looks so beautiful.
Wow, awesome party! Wish we lived close by, cause I seriously am loving Washington everytime I see your blog. We have an elder that's serving in our area that knows you guys. His sister used to baby sit your kids! Small world
I can't bear to look at Nina's nose bleed. Oh, poor thing. She doesn't look to concerned about it however. Ouch!! Looks like the kiddoes had a blast. I am sure you were very tired.
Kona is a monster. Good thing he is a gentle soul!! I wouldn't come into your yard if I were a burglar. They would be in for the surprise of their lives if Kona rose up!! He doesn't seem to take to kindly to the sunglasses. Maybe it is because he needs a gigantic pair!!
Post a Comment