We (well, Eric) also put a fountain in in the front of the property. It is a very gentle sounding fountain and I love the sound of the water. It's so peaceful.
All our starts are coming along...the kids have been playing a lot in the greenhouse. It has become sort of an all-weather outdoor playhouse for them which is fantastic! We have some furniture in there and lots of big tables and they swing like monkeys from the bars overhead. Sela and Nina will disappear in there for hours.
And finally, Zig tried to re-create this potted tree he saw in a hotel last week while he was in New York. Apparently it cost like $8,000...that's NYC for you. But anyway, he loved the look and made one for our front porch. He searched far and wide for this certain pot. The tree is beautiful (more-so in person) even without leaves because the branches are crimson red. Zig worked until about midnight on this one evening, carefully placing the moss on the bottom and gently misting it when it was all finished. I think it looks great...this picture is hard to tell because because everything around it is still wet and I haven't figured out this little camera I have yet. Add it to the list!
2 comments:
Nice work Zig, the tree and pot definitely make a statement. LOVE the red!
I also love seeing all the projects around the house/yard. The greenhouse is so cool. How fun for everyone and what a great way to teach the kiddos how to work and appreciate nature at the same time! It's perfect.
Go Zig go. See Zig run.
Post a Comment