Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Curried Zucchini Soup

I think I post more recipes with curry on here than any other single ingredient. This soup recipe was very simple and only had a few ingredients. It's an Everyday Food recipe. The surprising thing was that the kids thought it was great. I knew they would eat it, but I didn't know how enthusiastic they would be. But it turned out to be a keeper. Goes to show, you just never know.



1 Tablespoon olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
Salt
2 teaspoons curry powder
1 1/2 pounds zucchini
1 baking potato, peeled and cut into 1 inch chunks
1/4 cup sliced onions, toasted

Heat oil. Saute onion and 1 tsp salt until it is soft. Add garlic and curry powder. Stir constantly until fragrant. Add zucchini, potato, and 4 cups water. Bring to a boil, then simmer until the vegetables are soft, about 10-15 minutes.

Puree in blender until smooth. Serve warm or cool and garnish with toasted almonds.

1 comment:

the Geoff Davis said...

I'm going to give this a try...my girls would love it. Thanks for posting recipes, Ash!