It's April. And it snowed today. I figured there was no better time than a cold, soggy day to hunker down and face a few of the unpleasant household tasks I have been avoiding. There are boxes/piles of clothes all over it seems. Pregnancy, baby, summer stuff, too small, too big, too stiff, too this or that! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! And the kids closets all needed major attention. I worked all day long sorting, packing, donating, handing down, tossing, setting up a space for the baby clothes, and washing, washing, washing. Anything the kids won't wear...gone. Sela now has about 2 pairs of pants she will wear, that picky girl! I think am going to make her sign a contract that she will wear the clothes before I buy anything else for her. She has lots of almost new clothes I ordered for her that she will not put on. She has taken a bit too much to the Seattle look of comfort at all costs and looks like me right now in my pregnancy uniform of black yoga pants. Speaking of my black uniform, I am ready to burn it!
I packed up the winter clothes. I'm done with winter. But it was a little strange to be putting the short sleeved shirts in the kids drawers while snowflakes were falling. What strange weather. I'm so over it and if I weren't 8 months pregnant, you can be sure I would be hopping on the next plane out of here to a sunny spot!
spaghetti aglio e olio
2 days ago
6 comments:
What a great feeling to get organized. You accomplished a lot in one day! I have piles all over. I am trying to do the same so that our move is as easy as possible and I will not have to go through any boxes once there...and for a long time ;)
Wow, I can't believe you are so far along. I hate going through closets. This post reminded me on how badly I need to go through my closet! There's clothes thrown everywhere and I don't fit in 90% of them. Grrr....and lets not even mention Savanna's closet. She has a box on the top of her closet that I throw clothes in that don't fit her anymore. I was so good at putting away her outgrown clothes and labeling it for her first year of life.
Aubry's closet looks the best, mainly because he's in charged of it. I'm a mess!
We've had three snows already this month too, including one semi-blizzard! The weather is nuts! But there is nothing better than feeling all organized before baby arrives, and a cold snowy day is a perfect opportunity!
I'm right there with you on the weather. I need a few dry days. I'm not even asking for sun, just dry. I keep putting off the kids closets, I've moved thier to small cloths two times, need to make a trip to the consigmnet store. Ok I think you've inspired me to get moving on it. Take care, Let me know if there's anything you need help with.
Nesting. You will feel so great when it's all organized! You're darling at 8 months BTW. I'm getting excited for you!
I'm also trying to get motivated to attach my closet as well as Lane's. I've yet to pack away ANY of his clothing. Ever. I just love his newborn clothes hanging in his closet. But we're running out of space, it's time. You're a motivation to get it done.
Ahhh...only a few outfits that feel good. I know what that's like...
Post a Comment