Thursday, April 2, 2009

Reptiles are FUN!

The reptile man came to Hollywood Hill tonight. I was happy to take the kids, though I would have been just as happy to stay home and read a book as well. But it turned out to be so much fun!

We took our neighbor Sydney with us and the little kids just had a blast. The reptile man has kind of the opposite personality of the Crocodile Hunter. He is mellow but intriguing in his own way, and he has a dry wit. He brought an impressive amount of reptiles...snakes, tortoises, alligators, etc. His presentation was very interesting and he kept things moving quickly. The kids were glued.

After his presentation, I was surprised that he just let the kids practically stampede he and his reptiles. Because it was a little chaotic at first with all the bigger kids trying to get to the reptiles, Nina, Sydney, Rollin and a throng of other little siblings ran wild around the gym while the crowd died down. Then we moved in and enjoyed holding or touching everything we could. I was shocked that the kids weren't more afraid. I mean, that albino snake is HUGE. We were almost the last people there and I decided to be brave and hold the snake myself, at the urging of Sela. It didn't stay around my neck for long, trust me! The alligator was a no-go!








5 comments:

Amber Marie said...

YOu know you live in a cool neighborhood when Reptile Man comes to do a show! :)

Your house/yard is looking so gorgeous and fun. I really love that plant that Zig made. What kind of a tree is it? I wonder if it would survive the heat here...

Just knowing how pregnant you are makes me that much more nervous when seeing that picture of you and the snake!

Erin said...

It all looks fantastic. You are making me hungry for all the yummy veggies you will soon have.

I can't believe the snake. Mom is going to die you know ;) Glad you had such a great time!

Dee Ann said...

Yep, the girls are right!! Of course I remembered that reptiles sense when a woman is pregnant and sometimes squeeze too tightly. You looked a bit skeptical and rightly so!! Loved the pics!!

Stacia said...

We love the Reptile Man. We've seen him a few times. The shows is exactly the same but the kids don't seem to care.

Your yard is looking amazing. Wish I had some of your familys greem thumb skills.

The red tree is amazing. What is is? I'm looking for something with color for our back yard, we have lots of green.

the Geoff Davis said...

These are awesome, Ashley.