With Sela I was walking around oblivious and 6 or 7 centimeters dilated several days before she was born. I don't know how I would feel about this baby coming early. I'm not really ready, but then again, I never get totally ready for my babies. And really, what is there that is so urgent? My bed, my body, some itty bitty diapers and blankets. A few little sleep sacs. I think I will make a diaper run today. Someone asked me yesterday if I had the crib ready. Ha ha, maybe in a few months. The irony is Rollin has decided he wants to sleep in the crib again. And when he does, it means he sleeps till 9 rather than 7:30. It's all yours, my little buddy!
I only slept four hours last night and my sleep is getting so light that I'm pretty exhausted. I'm just hoping to make it through the day today and to be kind to my family until I can get to bed early. And hopefully find a way to take a nap in the hammock, the most comfortable sleeping spot right now.
Some good news is we are finally, finally entering a long dry, sunny spell. The forecast said Spring is here. By the looks of yesterday, it seems that this is so. We've had plenty of fake-out beginnings to Spring where we have some gorgeous days, and then a snowstorm. It's been so odd and unpredictable this year. But the all knowing weatherman (ha!), said this is it, the real deal. There is sun in the forecast for as far out as they predict weather patterns. I couldn't be more thrilled.
2 comments:
A home birth??? Wow. Other people's pregnancies go so fast! I feel like we just found out you were pregnant.
Glad to hear you have sunny weather. If you could share sunshine I'd give you 600 years worth straight from the valley! :)
Adele slept in a drawer for several weeks. I agree that one doesn't need much for that new little bundle! Sunny weather will make it all more tolerable. I'm so glad you'll be getting so much of it. I can't wait to hear all the details and see the pictures of this cute little baby!
Post a Comment