Artisan bread, goat cheese, fresh herbs, tomatoes, olive oil, and garlic. Broiled till bread is crispy and cheese is gooey. Ahhhh, heaven. I think I had this three times this week.
The way I make it is to slice the tomatoes in half and put them in a little bowl. Then I add some finely chopped garlic, salt and pepper, and drizzle with a generous amount of olive oil. If you are using the fresh herbs you can add them too (thyme is supper yummy). Herbed goat cheese gives the same effect and sometimes I go that route. I drizzle the bread with olive oil, then spread the goat cheese and top with the tomato mixture. And them broil. I'm sure this would be even more divine with all your yummy olive oils, cheeses, and local produce! The tomatoes here are still from California or beyond, but I just couldn't wait!
7 comments:
mmmm... I have been stuck on apple/munster quesadillas. I need to make a change here soon! The joys of pregnancy.
Yum, what kind of goat cheese is it, Ash? Do you mix the herbs with the cheese? And an apple/munster quesadilla, Erin? YUM!
That looks sooooooooooo good. Is that your homemade artisan bread? Yum yum!!!
Okay so it looks delicious, but I'm a little afraid of the goat cheese. Maybe I'll try another cheese with it.
Erin - thanks for your idea as well. Are you pregnant?!
Come to think of it. Ashley could you ask Erin to send me an invite to her blog? I need to see what else she's been cookin' up!
Darcie,
The way I make it is to slice the tomatoes in half and put them in a little bowl. Then I add some finely chopped garlic, salt and pepper, and drizzle with a generous amount of olive oil. If you are using the fresh herbs you can add them too (thyme is supper yummy). Herbed goat cheese gives the same effect and sometimes I go that route. I drizzle the bread with olive oil, then spread the goat cheese and top with the tomato mixture. And them broil. I'm sure this would be even more divine with all your yummy olive oils, cheeses, and local produce! The tomatoes here are still from California or beyond, but I just couldn't wait!
yum! i might adopt this, i am in a rut with something similar.
Post a Comment