Tuesday, April 21, 2009

My favorite tulips...

This is the part of blogging that is purely selfish...we want to keep record of what comes up when in our yard so we can plan/make changes for next year. I don't expect anyone else to be so interested in seeing another tulip, but these happen to be my very favorites. They're orange! Zig ordered a ton because he knew how crazy I am about orange. If ever he forgets, he sits in a dining chair the same color as these flowers each night.




We also ordered a few of these really beautiful crinkly looking tulips. I'm sure there is a better name, but I just don't recall.

And imagine my delight when our magnolia tree started showing signs of blooming. We got nothing last year! I've had my eye on one nearby so I was so excited to see the first two blooms on ours this weekend.

2 comments:

Shenise said...

Not selfish at all...I love to see all of the flowers!

LuckyRedHen said...

I think the crinkly one's might be Angelica's, or something like that. I learned that in LaConner one year, I think. :)