Friday, April 17, 2009

First tulips

It's quite remarkable to see how much change can take place in a week. The red and yellow tulips Zig planted in front of the chicken coop just unfolded overnight. It's such a cheery sight. I can't really capture the beauty until I learn to use my camera better, but I tried.

I remember when he planted these at the end of long day of working in the yard this past November. He had a spotlight out there by the coop until about midnight. Everyday it was getting colder and we just had tons of bulbs to get in the ground. But the rest of us had called it a day hours before, and while he planted, we were all snuggled up warm in our beds.

3 comments:

the Geoff Davis said...

Tulips until midnight. Unequal distribution of energy!!!!

Shenise said...

What a delight!

Amber Marie said...

Gorgeous!