Wednesday, June 4, 2008

There is beauty all around....

For several weeks I have been meaning to photograph some of the flowering plants to show Tina. Zig often comments "Mom would love to see that" or "you gotta get a picture of that flower for my Mom!" Zig certainly inherited his love of plants and gardens from his mother. It's been rainy for several days and we actually had quite a downpour yesterday. Some of the plants were pounded, but I took a little walk around the front yard today and took some photos of my favorites. The air is so clean and refreshing after a good rain. Not that I want anymore..I'm desperately trying to look on the bright side of all this "weather." I'm pretty pround of the first two shots, look closely and you will see why.


Lots of nectar for the taking!







ooh ooh ooh! only a few more weeks!






lots of pollinating going on today.


3 comments:

Dee Ann said...

i can't believe all of the different varities of flowers - beautiful! Garden of Eden!!

Erin said...

wow, great photography! Looks gorgeous. I love all the color. Spring is just the best!

Susan said...

Ashley those are such beatuifull pictures! I can't believe that's your yard! And I thought our gardening was elaborate (just a couple of bushes) lol. I love it!