There are little strawberry patches spread all over our yard as well. Rollin can often be found stomping around in them. Some are the teeny tiny ever-bearing ones that produce all summer. We have one patch of the regular sized ones which we had our first taste of this week. We've noticed the squirrels are also very fond of the berries so Rollin spends lots of time yelling at the squirrels when they get too close.
spaghetti aglio e olio
2 days ago
3 comments:
Mmm how fun!
how nice! now what do you do with all of those berries? Jelly, jam, freeze them?? I wish we had a good strawberry field near us. The last one we had was torn down and now has a ton of stores on top of where it used to be...
Susan, I froze this entire first batch in quart sized bags for smoothies. When we pick again, I am going to make freezer jam. It's easier than canning and tastes more like real berries because there is no cooking involved.
Post a Comment