Monday, June 30, 2008

Is there anything more precious than a sleeping child?

I have always loved the sight of my little ones sleeping. Their deep breathing, their smiles, their calmness. Rollin has so much energy that we often go to sleep around the same time, which is not early. The long summer days have really changed his sleep habits. He is hyper until 10 o' clock. It wears me out, but he is seriously adorable at night and Zig and I get such a kick out of him. But Daddy isn't home tonight and I was looking forward to some reading and alone time. I tried hard to get the boy down at a decent hour. After several (at least 5) unsuccessful attempts to get little Rollie to sleep, he finally fell asleep in my lap while I was reading to the girls. We all enjoyed snuggling him. Sela and Nina were fascinated watching his facial expressions change while he slept. You could tell he wanted to wake up but he couldn't. When he first fell asleep he was smiling a lot. They were speculating about the dreams he was having. It was so cute to listen to them and just wonderful to be cuddled up together. The reading can wait....


2 comments:

Dee Ann said...

ohhh, how cute!! Mom lookes beautiful but tired, Nina looks like a little angel & Rolliboo looks like he is in heaven. Sleep tight, sweet dreams!!

Erin said...

no, there is not! I love it...what a little cuddle bug! I know you were in heaven.
Dido to the looking beautiful :)