Monday, June 23, 2008

Catching my breath

I've been looking forward to this week for awhile now. Sela's last day of school was last Wednesday and Nina's was Thursday. The week was jam packed. There were end of the year parties, Zig's work party at Chateau St. Michele, my last art docent, eye exams for Sela and Nina, preschool social, church commitments...every day somewhere to be or something to be done. Most were good and fun but when I look at my calendar and every day of the week has several items listed, it bums me out. I had sitters at least four times. One time was very worth it though...Darcie and I went to the University Village sidewalk sale for a little desperately needed (Anthropologie) retail therapy! I found some fun dishes and a couple tablecloths. No clothes this time. Nothing I couldn't live without...that's good! Mostly it was just fun to go together and get some talking time in the car.

We began the week with a long leisurely family bike ride yesterday. I set up my bike rack on the back of my car so I can drive to a few fun trails and pack all the gear by myself. Zig gave me a little refresher on how to tighten and secure everything, so I'm looking forward to traveling by bike a bit more this summer. We realized we can bike to the library and some little tennis courts, Jamba Juice, and several parks. We can get to downtown Redmond and Woodinville in minutes on the trail.

We do have lots of plans for the summer, but most will take place at home. We have piles and piles of books from the library on everything from creating our own outdoor theater to cooking to nature crafts. I hope to pick lots of berries and make jam. And read. And rest. Anyway, the sun is out this morning. We are headed over to pick up the Davis girls for another play date before they depart for California. And the rest of the week, the calendar is empty. Ahhhh. It's officially summer.

The newest second grader!
Snow cones and friends, pure bliss for Nina.
Chubby bare feet and wife-beater... a perfect summer uniform ;)

2 comments:

Amber Marie said...

Very cute. that pasta dish sounds really yummy. I tried your tomato tortillini soup a few days ago. I like it a lot, Ryan's only response was, "it is very soothing" whatever that means! :)

Dee Ann said...

To strawberries, graduates & chubby feet!! Does it get any better than that???