Friday, June 27, 2008

Camp Sela

Sela was an absolutely amazing helper yesterday! Without being asked or prodded, she totally entertained Sam and Nina from dusk till dawn. They made activity books with lists of things they wanted to do and then they did a few. They even copied down a recipe they wanted to make called chocolate truffle heart cookies. With Nina and Sam, you can pretty much guarantee chocolate will be involved. We were missing some ingredients so they had to settle for strawberry muffins.

In the afternoon, they played kickball, decorated rocks and created personalities for them, played horses, and spent hours in the tree that has become a little playhouse. They kept a close watch on the chickies and rode their bikes and snacked on berries. They made a fairy house with little beds of rose petals. Sela led her little campers on a nature walk and they collected all the colors of the rainbow. It was a really rewarding feeling to see her teaching the younger kids some of the same things we have done together. It was nice to have a little break as well.

Unfortunately, with my extra time I attempted to wash the covers to the kids little fruit bean bags. Uh, that took about five hours after one million tiny white weightless balls tumbled all over the floor and somehow ended up in every corner of the house. I would have taken a picture of the disaster, but I was pretty peeved. Mostly because on a nice day where I have tons of productive work to do around here, I had to spend at least five hours of my life dealing with that mess! Oh well, I finally cleaned up the last bit this morning. I mentioned to the kids that I will never ever wash the bean bag covers again so please do not stain them! :)

"friend rocks"

Flower PressingThe largest berry so far(in our small patch)

2 comments:

Dee Ann said...

Gotta love those carefree summer days! It looks like you are taking time to smell the roses - beautemous!!

Colleen said...

Sounds like bliss! Where can I sign my kiddos up for camp sela?