The kids were having so much fun digging trenches, throwing rocks, and looking for fishing worms that they didn't want to break for lunch but they were very hungry. After we had exausted our snacks, we decided to go eat at Remlinger Farms. There aren't too many options in the tiny town of Carnation. With all the trains and toys at Remlinger, that little lunch turned into a two hour event. After lunch, I bought some canning jars and other materials in the country store and we headed back to the river. When we finally headed home around 4:30, everyone was filthy, my car was a sight to behold full of peanut shells and strawberry stems, and the kids were worn out. These are the kind of summer days I love. It made me so thankful that I held off on scheduling lots of summer camps and classes this year for the kids. There were some day campers from Wilderness Awareness (a camp I almost enrolled the girls in) playing in the river near us, but they were there doing exactly what we were doing...getting dirty, exploring, and being kids. I was happy to be there with all of my kids and to observe their love and curiosity in the outdoors. We had no where to be and the day just evolved into this wonderful little adventure. Sam spent the night with us and is going to stay and play all day today. I am going to tackle the garage. Not so fun but I've gotta get started.
spaghetti aglio e olio
2 days ago
2 comments:
what an absolutely fun day!! Such beautiful pictures too. I can see why your mom says you live in a National Park!
fun, fun! I love it! We missed our strawberry pickin out here :( Very sad. Next year I guess. It was a short season, bummer!
That lake is calling my name! I love to swim in fresh water, although if I remember it is a bit chilly!
Post a Comment