I've been a fan of grain salads for the past few years. My first one was a quinoa black bean salad and I've tried lots of different ones since then. Yesterday, I tried one with farro. I had been reading about farro, but finally got around to purchasing some. It was hard to find. It was in a small corner in whole foods and there was only one supplier of it and one package left. It was also spendy...about $6 a pound. Not sure why it cost so much more than other grains. But it was so good, wow. I had a recipe for a grain salad with farro, but I didn't really have the right ingredients for it. I went ahead anyway with what I had. The salad ended up being cooked farro, roasted yams, toasted almonds (chopped with a splash of tamari), cranberries, currants, golden raisins, thyme, sauteed chickpeas, lots of sauteed spinach, and some olive oil and white balsamic vinegar. Salt and pepper too. It was very good, although next time I'd like to try it with a citrus viniagrette. The kids didn't like all the dried fruits and picked some out, but Zig and I did. Sweet
and savory is my friend.
1 comment:
sounds interesting :) all I have ever heard from Ryan is how good Ashley's food is. seriously, ever since we were dating and he had been out in Seattle to stay with you- all he talked about was how good your food was!
how many people pick their puppy up from the airport?!? Maybe you should explain to your children that most people get them from the pound (I'm kidding). Sounds like fun!!
Post a Comment