Well, we've had more "weather." And I'm really sick of it. But I've been having fun figuring out how to cook some of my CSA goodies this week. I was stumped on the jerusalem artichokes (sunchokes), and I kept feeling a pang of guilt as I looked at them day after day, knowing their days were numbered. I didn't want them to go to waste but I didn't really know what to do with them. Today, it was raining and the day was begging for some soup. I ended up boiling the artichokes and carrots in some stock and then pureeing them. I added a bit of cream, nutmeg, and some fresh herbs and it was as tasty as it was pretty. Rollin ate three bowls...who knew. We also had chickpea burgers which were oooh so good. I got
Super Natural Cooking at the library this week and I seriously drool over all the gorgeous photos and recipes.
Jerusalem Artichokes
Those homely looking things became a rather nice looking soup.
Chickpea Burgers
We love these little goodies for breakfast. They take me back to the Fredericksburg days. They make these skinny rice cakes now which I like much better than the originals. One of our favorite quick breakfasts...thanks Mom!
Yep, Zig Irwin caught this little guy (a mole).
6 comments:
wow mom can you pleeeeeeeees
get dad to tell you how he cout
the the mole.
Looks absolutely yummy! Not the mole, the food...where do you find your skinny rice cakes? We have no trader joes, but a Wild Oats and a Whole Foods.
Both WF and Wild Oats should have them...these I bought at Whole Foods. The corn ones are really yummy.
all sounds delicious! the mole looks scary, maybe zig should've been a biologist :)
SO I did not know that Sela had a blog! How sweet! Good job mom for showing her how to be internet savvy. I love it! It's a really good way for her to keep a journal.
Anywho, Thanks a ton for the much needed support. I read it this morning after a full night of sick baby with a fever and breastfeeding all night. I found myself feeling a lot better after your comment. I do need a mother's group, but would you believe there was none by me? I'm trying to start one up, which I'll blog about later.
Can you believe the old fart?? I honestly didn't think about it too much until I started blogging about it and the angry just came through. Honestly my OBGYN in Utah (an awesome older man who was also a stake president...not mine of course) has been the only doctor I have truly respected and have grown to love.
Yeah savanna was sick yesterday too and he was so rough with her and not patient. I searched for a naturopath in my area and can you believe there are only 2 near me and they happen to be on the beach? Plus I'm not too sure insurance will cover them. Mimi has a great one in Kerrville she's been using forever. I wish we could find one we liked.
I'm totally fine with breastfeeding Savy for a while. It gets hard at night, but honestly it's become a way of life for me. I'm just so tired of fighting people on it and being embarrassed about it. It's just a lot easier too and with Savy sick it's been her way of comfort. Who knows, but I really appreciate your words of encouragement. I needed that. Love you!
A mole?! This is getting crazy!
Ahh, the good ole rice cakes mom made us! You can't go wrong.
The soup looks yummy but I will have to try it in Sept. It is way too hot here for soup!
Post a Comment