Sunday, January 25, 2009

My new best friend

In December while we were visiting with some of Zig's colleagues and their spouses at a holiday dinner, somehow we got on the topic of the Roomba. I've always wondered how well the robots work, but I came to the conclusion that it was probably another appliance that would just break down. But after hearing that every single couple at our table owned one and loved them, and yes even had names for them, guess what I was purchasing the next day! We have the ideal set-up for a Roomba with all hardwood and a mostly one level home, so I had hope. The kids were so excited...I think they thought it would end all their chores. No, it doesn't pick up toys or put away clothes! We finally pulled it out tonight and I think I have a new best friend. It's awesome and very smart...haha! It gets in really tight spots and is very thorough. I vaccuum every single day right now so if this works out, it will be a huge help! I'll keep you posted, but for now, so far so good!

3 comments:

Amber Marie said...

Yes, please keep me posted. I want a new vacuum so bad. I am vacuuming everyday too- not much because of 3 kids but because of the dark floors and you can see EVERY pice of lint, fuzz and speck of dirt! So a Roomba would really be ideal if it does what you say it does :)

Dee Ann said...

Love that picture, Ash. It truly is amazing what will win a girl's heart. Hope it meets your highest expectations!! Cheaper than a housekeeper (as if that is all a housekeeper does?!) For the time being, whatever relieves you of a little work is worth it!!

ashley said...

There is one that mops the floors, at least that's what Zig told me :) I gave up on the housekeeper after leaving about 10 messages for her. I still need one, but help or no help, there is ALWAYS sweeping/vaccuuming.

Amber, I used it all day today and it worked great. I just kept putting it in different rooms. I hear you on the dark wood floors. Our last house was dark wood and everything shows! Especially when the sun shines! You could order it from Costco online. The one we bought is now $20 cheaper and free shipping. (I know this because zig wants one for the garage now) The great thing about Costco is if it doesn't work out, they are so great about returns.