I had no idea what I was going to make for dinner tonight, but I put shrimp in the refrigerator this morning to thaw, thankfully.
I needed something quick since I started cooking dinner around 7. This whole meal came together in less than 30 minutes and it was delicious. Rollin ate everything. The girls didn't care for the ginger in the carrot slaw because it was "spicy" but they liked everything else. Most of the recipe came from Martha Stewart Everyday Food cookbook with a few tweaks.
Garlic Shrimp
1 1/2 pounds peeled and deveined large shrimp
5 cloves garlic, chopped
4 tablespoons olive oil
salt and pepper
Salt and pepper the shrimp. Heat the olive oil and saute the garlic for a minute Add the shrimp (I used cooked shrimp) and just toss around in the olive oil and garlic until it is nice and warm. Remove from heat.
Curry Cashew Sauce
1 slice peeled fresh ginger
3/4 cup cashews
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1/4 cup cilantro leaves
1 Tablespoon brown sugar
1 Tablespoon curry powder
Salt and fresh ground pepper
In a food processor, pulse the ginger until finely chopped. Add the 3/4 cup cashews; process until smooth, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the yogurt, cilantro, sugar, curry paste, and curry powder;season with salt and pepper. Process until incorporated, 1-2 minutes, scraping down the sides as needed. I also added a bit of green curry paste at the end for more of a kick (I didn't have much curry powder).
Sesame Carrot Slaw
5 carrots, peeled and grated (I used the food processor)
2 Tablespoons sesame seeds (black sesame seeds are my favorite)
1 to 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
1 Tablespoon sesame oil
1 Tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
Honey to drizzle
Soba Noodles
My camera battery was dead, but I just served the garlic shrimp over the soba noodles with the green curry sauce on the side for dipping shrimp or mixing in the noodles. Then we had the carrot salad on the side. This may be one of my new favorites since it was so fresh and flavorful.
spaghetti aglio e olio
2 days ago
No comments:
Post a Comment