Thursday, January 29, 2009

Indoor Play

It's that time of year. And it's not my favorite. The sun is shining off and on, thankfully, but it's winter and the days are short and I'm already looking longingly toward spring and summer. But for now, it's lots of inside play. I love to take pictures of the kids at play because their interests change so much from year that a photo really does speak volumes. Plus, how many more years will Rollin carry a purse?!

Sela, Nina, and Rollin each seem to focus in one one thing for several months. For Rollin, it is definitely his "packing" right now. And Nina is beginning to draw with her "learn to draw" books. She is also back into dressing up as a "queen." Which is apparently very different than a princess. Rollin is usually her pet, slave, or child. And Sela has caught the reading bug!

Nina and Rollin are having some great mornings together and do more and more pretend play all the time. Rollin is currently obsessed with building things and packing up every bag or suitcase he can find with a huge random assortment of toys, books and blocks. It takes forever to put it all away because there are items from every room in the house. This is my least favorite of his activities, but he always presents the bags to me with a big smile saying "Mama, I have a present for you!" He is so excited and though I smile on the outside, I cringe on the inside knowing I get to redistribute everything to it's proper place again, and again, and again. He packs the bags so full they are bursting at the seams. The past few days I've given up on separating his toys into bins every day because he just dumps them. Until we get his room set-up, which is in process, I figure it can just be a big toy box!



2 comments:

Dee Ann said...

I think Rollin was thinking of the Eithel Tower there for a moment and I love the picture of he and Nina all decked out for some really special occasion - not sure what - but it is adorable.

Amber Marie said...

Looks like fun playtime at your house! Love the organization. Can Eric come visit and build some things for our house??!? Please!