I began to look around and watch the chickens a bit closer. One chicken had been staying rather close to the patio and was also quite vocal. She happened to move as I walked by and I caught a glimpse of green beneath her. When I took a closer look, I saw that she was sitting on 8 beautiful (frozen) eggs. We had to move her, toss the eggs, and put some rocks in her special spot. She was not happy and became even more vocal. But today we were back to 19 eggs so I guess the chickens are laying where they should be for now....we are definitely learning as we go :)
Sela and Nina delivered samples of the eggs to some of the neighbors last week along with the flyer we made together with all the details of what we feed the chickens, the kinds of eggs, and when the girls will deliver. We set Sela up with her own email account and she sends an email out each Friday to those who have expressed interest in buying eggs. This was the first week she did it and she got six enthusiastic replies. She and Nina are looking forward to their first official delivery on Monday afternoon.
No comments:
Post a Comment