Thursday, May 1, 2008

May Day!

Already to the close of another week. It's been a fast one here, trying to get caught up on life and organized a bit. I took Rollin to Home Depot yesterday and I'm pretty certain Disneyland couldn't have been more exciting to him. He kept saying "whoa MOM!" when we passed big tools or lawn mowers or the cranes they use to put things up high. I am constantly amazed at how different little boys are. He loves his lipstick and stuff, but man, trucks and diggers and especially airplanes really get him so excited. We picked up some bags of sand for his sand box and I almost got a hernia (if that's possible for girls) lifting the small bags in the car. They looked small but they were so heavy. I kept telling Rollin as I heaved each one in that I couldn't wait till he was big and strong and could help me lift this kind of stuff. He said "okay."

Sela and Nina asked our neighbor, Dana, if they could visit her horses so we walked down to the barn yesterday evening. She has a former dressage champion horse that competed in the Olympics and a gorgeous Thoroughbred. We planned a night next week for the girls to ride and Sela is looking very forward to it. Dana's horses are so much bigger than the ones she's been riding in her lessons.

It's been a rather lemony week around here. We have all these wonderful lemons from Tina's yard in California that we are finding lots of ways to use. Our favorite afterschool drink is a cherry lemonade icy. Super yummy. I also made lemon chicken and lemon viniagrette for a salad one night. I tried a new curry zucchini bread with lemon zest (my favorite zuke recipe so far). I made sweet potato pot pies this week which was another new recipe. I love pot pies, the ultimate comfort food.

The rest of my spare time this week has been working on the first grade art auction project, my music for primary (I bombed last week :), and my mother's day talk for next week. I look forward to getting these things behind me and just taking it easy.

Looks like spring is finally here.



May Day bouquet
Cherry Icy
Vicky and Beau Beau
Only three hours to go and the yard is mowed ;)

No comments: