Sunday, May 25, 2008

Another day, another shiner for Rollin!

Oh my poor boy! It always happens in threes, doesn't it? Yesterday at church, Zig came to nursery to pick Rollin up. Rollin was so excited to see Zig, he ran at top speed across the nursery to meet Daddy. Unfortunately, he didn't see a little girl cruising across his path in a toy car, and from what Zig said, she pretty much swept Rollin off his feet and he landed smack on the ground. Zig thought his pride was mostly hurt because he cried quite a bit, but lo and behold today a little bruise showed up on his cheek and he has some carpet burn. I tried to get a picture, but you can hardly tell. The facial expression speaks volumes. Rollie is tired of getting hurt.



















We had a pretty mellow weekend. Yesterday, Sela had her 7 1/2 year old check-up (we're always about six months behind) and afterwards we had a little girls outing to find flip flops. I found a couple cute pairs at Lucy and the girls pretty much picked the first pair they saw at Macy's... but they're cute enough. We're ready for summer footwear regardless of our crazy weather! We also hit the farmer's market hoping that there might be cherries....but none yet. Our cherry tree has quite a few cherries growing on it so that's exciting, but I love the Rainier cherries and look so forward to them each summer.

Though the weather has been off and on lately, we had beautiful weather over the weekend. We got a suprise visit from Wendy and Dave out for a Saturday afternon ride on their Harley. So fun to see them! Tonight we've had fun just all sitting at the kitchen table doing our own thing. Zig is looking at seed catalogs. I was reading through my new bread book planning the recipes I'm going to try this week. Oooh, I can't wait! Sela made a village of little paper houses and Rollin was busy with his blocks. Nina was the only one in bed by ten. I love these days. They aren't frequent enough but they are so needed.

Another day, another tractor shows up.
The things I do for my sisters!
Whoa whoa! This swing comes back fast!
I guess I'll just push myself!
Today I taught Sela to make cherry lemonade icees by herself. We're still using those wonderful lemons from Babcia Tina! They've lasted so long.

Piles of weeds all around!

1 comment:

Susan said...

The house looks great! I find that reading your posts backwards is more confusing. I'm trying to catch up with everyone so bear with me! Poor rollin. He's a tough kid though.