Since the wraps with the white bean dip were so yummy (thanks erin!), I decided to try another white bean sauce for my pizza. It turned out very good and I had to keep myself from eating too much of it before I made my pizza. I just took a can of great northern beans, rinsed and drained them. Then I sauteed some chopped fresh rosemary in olive oil and added the white beans for a couple minutes. I dumped the warm beans and rosemary into my food processor and added a few glugs of olive oil, zest of a lemon and a couple squeezes of lemon juice, salt to taste and fresh thyme (because I had it).
For the pizza, I just spread the white bean sauce on the crust, topped it with a small handful of cheese, red peppers and tomatoes, and a few grinds of pepper. When it came out I drizzled olive oil on it and some fresh basil. Very satisfying. This might be my new pizza for awhile.
Because the pizzas were so healthy, I could justify the ice cream cones! It is a holiday weekend so we started celebrating tonight!
No comments:
Post a Comment