Monday, May 19, 2008

2 good things & 1 bad

First the good...
My first two loaves of artisan bread turned out!!!! I am beyond thrilled. One was a boule and one was a crusty sandwich loaf. Both had a crisp crust and soft chewy center. It is unbelievably easy, this method. No kneading, no nothing. It literally takes five minutes of active time for a loaf. Even my first attempts were better than most of the artisan bread I buy.


















Second, today we celebrated Wendy's birthday and met for lunch. It's always fun to get together and catch up with some of my favorite friends. Wendy, the birthday girl, was feeling a bit sick from travel so that was a bummer for her. It's not fun to be sick on your birthday...good thing the real birthday was a couple weeks ago and she was on a cruise :)















Now the bad...
Of course it has to do with Rollin and blood. He was being watched by a friend from church while I was at the lunch for Wendy. When I picked him up, he started jumping on a love sac which was by a window with a ledge. Right as I was grabbing his shoes to go, he jumped into the ledge and I literally heard a crack. Not good. It bled and bled and bled. My shirt was covered in blood. He was so sad and I hope his nose is not broken, though I can't imagine how it wouldn't be. I keep looking at it to see if it's crooked. I have an appt with the doctor on wednesday so I guess she'll have to check it out if not before. I googled broken nose in children and freaked myself out. His nose could collapse and be deformed if a blood pillows in the tissue? What? I'm trying to be calm, but that cracking sound keeps ringing in my ears. My poor boy. I am awful with blood and injuries but I need to toughen up because I have a feeling this is not the last time I will see blood with Rollin.

2 comments:

Dee Ann said...

Ashley, how can this be. I, too, am afraid Rollin is going to have to learn from the school of hard knocks. Bless his little heart or nose I should say. He will be in my prayers.

Susan said...

Ash!!! how sad. I hope he's ok. It's like my mom always tells me, "kids are like rubber, they bounce. And somehow they don't get hurt." Hopefully this is true in rollin's case and it's not too serious!!