Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Poor Mama pig and other ramblings

We are easing back into the routine today. Nina had school but Sela didn't. We went grocery shopping during preschool and stocked up on tons of veggies after eating those darn donuts! Then we spent some time at Farrel McWhirter park. Lots of baby animals and a few on the way. There is a pregnant pig there and boy did I feel for that poor mama. Outside of her stall, there was a sign saying she was due in early May! No wonder she looked so unhappy and uncomfortable. She was breathing heavy and kept twitching her legs around. I could relate to that restless leg feeling when you're trying to sleep at the end of pregnancy. Flies were buzzing around her head and she was just not happy. I hope those piggies come soon!




I learned something from Sela...these little plants they stuck in their back pockets are called horsetails. Sela and Rollin had some fun with that idea! Run along, little ponies.
Sela led us on a lovely hike/walk.



Springtime Curry...a new favorite.

1 comment:

Susan said...

poor mama pig! Where is this that you go to see all these cute animals? I wish there were more fun outdoorsy stuff to do around here. I really need to find a mom group.