Things have got to turn around this month. Ever since returning from our Texas trip (which was great), it's been one thing after another. The latest is getting a nasty virus the Thursday before Mother's Day. It started the morning of Nina's tea where I spent the hour before with the heater on in my car with chills. I went to the tea and after we got home, I just collapsed into bed. I didn't really get out until I had to on Sunday. I was supposed to speak in church on Mother's day, Zig and I both were, but I never thought I'd still be this sick. No way did I want to cancel on Saturday night because I felt for the person who would have to fill in last minute, but Sunday morning, I was miserable. I should have cancelled. Zig had some strong flu medicine which dried everything up (to the point I had to drink water several times during my short talk) and I took a shower and tried my best not to "look" sick. I wasn't trying to do the whole "look I'm sick but I still came to church thing." But, I think I couldn't help it. My voice was totally hoarse. I did my best. It was a circus with our little man Rollin though, who through nursing must have taken in some flu medicine and juiced himself right up. He was like a little goat running wild in the chapel. He literally couldn't stop for one second. As soon as I gave my talk, I chased Rollin around the hall during Zig's, and then I went home and back to bed. Today is the first day I am feeling much better, thankfully.
There was one bright spot on the actual Mother's Day, Sela's adorable gift. I know we shouldn't have favorites, but of all the ones she's ever given, I love this one! It's her little hand as a soap dish. She made the soap too. It's so adorable and looks very modern in the bathroom. Very very cute. She has been SO excited just knowing how much I'd love it, and I do.

Two hours until my talk.

Nice wrapping!

precious little hand
1 comment:
I'm sorry you were sick! I know how that is and feel really bad for you! I'm glad you were able to sleep though. That soap dish is sooo cute!!!
Post a Comment