Wednesday, May 28, 2008

five minutes a day

Introducing light whole wheat artisan bread! Last week I was in whole foods and I couldn't believe it...my favorite loaf from Macrina now costs 7 dollars! I think wheat prices must have risen quite a bit over the past couple of months. Can I just tell you how happy I felt that I don't need to buy bread anymore? The cost of bread is like pennies when you make it at home (I know I'm the last to figure that one out), not to mention tastes so much better, but the satisfaction of making it is even greater. Of course I would totally still be buying my favorite bread if I hadn't found this super easy method. Fun, fun.

5 comments:

Amber Marie said...

wow go blogger ashley :) so have you gotten the shoes yet? are all these breads you are making from the same book?

i made the same pasta recipe from 101 and hated it. your mom liked it though. adding broccoli was a good idea. i used kale instead of spinach too...i'll try, try again :)

ashley said...

well, I used probably half the pasta, triple the veggies and different cheeses. Tons of lemon zest too. I did love it.

I got the shoes...all too small. Bummer. I returned them today.

Yes, the breads are all from the book I had in Texas :)

I hear you have your floors in...time to post a pic?

Amber Marie said...

all too small?? that's too bad. I guess you can order more.

yes, i am going to try and take some pictures soon.

Susan said...

looks yummy! we definitely need the recipe.

Erin said...

beautiful! I might start making bread too if prices continue to go up...especially $6 a loaf, wow!