Monday, July 7, 2008

Playroom Project

We don't have a designated playroom in this house but downstairs there is this fun little storage room with concrete walls and floors. It's totally shut off from the rest of the house and only a closet door gets you down there. We've had the kids' toys down there since we moved in but we didn't think their playroom furniture would fit. We were trying to clean out the garage so Zig wanted to try and see if any pieces would work. We were pretty surprised to see that every single piece fit. One of the big cabinets and one little one are in the dress-up closet but otherwise, we stuffed 8 pieces of furniture down there and it doesn't feel crowded. We're both still scratching our heads about that one. It's not a huge space. Those metal cabinets were SO heavy but somehow we managed to get them down with a dolly and lots of ties (Or whatever those things are called). We did lots of cleaning out of toys and the whole project had us busy until midnight. Now it's playtime!



Taking a break amid the mess

6 comments:

Dee Ann said...

I bet that room will be one of the best to keep the kiddoes busy and nice thing about it is that it is out of sight!!!

Erin said...

Love it! I get so excited about stuff like that...getting all organized and having a fun little place for the kids. Fun, fun!

yes, those are the goldies! I actually really like them!

Amber Marie said...

how charming! that is the ideal situation- a room off to itself for all the kid stuff. Looks cute and fun!

Amber Marie said...

I don't know, even though you are still shaving your legs and wearing deodorant....your own shampoo? really? Sounds a bit too close to granolay. That'll take time for me to get use too. ;)

Dee Ann said...

Did you say, "rugs from ikea?" Soooo fun and cute and most affordable I'm sure!

the Geoff Davis said...

What the? I can't believe that stuff fit! The little space looks so colorful and fun...a sure kid trap!