Since we live so close to the facility, Debbie's daughter Hannah, and her granddaughter, Kayla came over several times this week to play before or after camp. They play so hard outside and completely wear themselves out by the end of the day. My kids get so filthy that when I finally wrangle them into the bathtub, we have to drain the bath water out a couple of times to get them clean. I am constantly doing laundry and preparing snacks but boy do I love summer! Sela and Nina have had lots of friends over this summer and sometimes the group just keeps growing when the neighbors hear the kids voices. We love it. Looking for an alternative to having dozens of plates to wash, I discovered an easy way to feed the masses. This week I just gave them all napkins on a picnic blanket and placed three plates of finger foods in the middle. They just took what they liked and clean-up was two minutes. I think I'm onto something!
Last night I met Debbie with a carload of girls and we watched the Kit Kittredge American Girl movie. I loved it! It was very sweet and wholesome and such a fun outing with just the girls. Nina was so tired on the drive home that she was begging to go to sleep. My missing the exit and taking a detour through Seattle didn't help!
Rollin, Sela, Kayla, Hannah, Sophia, Nina, and Lena
3 comments:
Ashley, I want to move across the street...we're missing out! Your children are so lucky to have you; you're providing a memorable and healthy childhood!
Hey, the house across the street is for sale!! Ash, where is Kona in all the festivities?!
thanks mom for trying to help out the cause ;) darcie and I have talked about how much fun we'd have as neighbors again..we could have our own little commune. if only the south of france weren't beckoning them....a girl can dream though!
Post a Comment