We made these cupcakes with our first real crop of raspberries from our yard! Unfortunatley, the occasion wasn't such a happy one. We were all very sad to learn that Ethel, one of the neighborhood sheep, was attacked and killed by a coyote on Monday. The girls made some cards and these cupcakes to take to Ethel's owners. Sela's picture was a drawing of Ethel in the clouds (heaven) with a picture of a coyote off in the corner with an "X" through it. Nina drew an adorable little picture as well...I think the sheep was one of her first discernable animals.
2 comments:
Boy are Sela, Nina and Rollin getting a lot of life's important lessons on death. That's honestly what having animals will teach you sooner or later. do you remember the sheep that Mr. Wilson, our neighbor, had in Fredericksburg. Our dog got in his pasture one day and chased them which could have caused them to die. Your Dad was chasing the dog in a frenzy to catch him but the dog (forgot his name) was having a hay day and making it hard for your dad to catch him!! Luckily, no deaths that day but we had several pets get run over, etc. Sad Day especially for little ones!! Hard to quite understand!!
:( Hope they are all doing ok. It is always really sad to lose a loved animal. I still remember when Tinkerbell died...I was in college and I still cried my eyes out. I also wrote about her in my journal, and how we need to be more like dogs! They are such loving, forgiving, devoted little animals.
Pretty funny, huh?!
Post a Comment