This week he was very excited for his turn. One of the chickens laid a huge egg, and Rollin has been storing it in the refrigerator trying to hatch a dinosaur. Oh my gosh, he went crazy when he found the BIG one last week. The kids love to be the one to find the "double yolkers." While he was waiting for it to hatch into a prehistoric pet, he decided to take it for his sharing, along with two other eggs to show the different sizes and colors his chickens lay. There are always different sizes, but every once in awhile we get huge variations from the norm. This week, Zig came inside with a teeny tiny egg. This type is even more rare than the double yolker. It was dwarfed by the T-Rex egg. The middle egg is the size of a regular sized egg.

This is what Rollin shared about his eggs:
"This egg I found from my chickens and I like it.
And when I said to my dad "look at this big egg!!" he said "wow!!"
And sometimes I like to use it as a pirate captain.
And it's really awesome because this egg I love!
I have chickens, they lay eggs, but this is one T-Rex laid.
Now the baby egg, this guy is really cute and I love him.
And now this guys turn, this guy is really big! He is the biggest biggest ever and I love him!!
This one is T-Rex. He's my bestest. This is a volcano and T-Rex. "
6 comments:
That's our Rollie Boo!!! Mr. exaggerator for sure and so exciteable!! I bet the teachers get a real kick out of the number one vaulting frog!!
So sweet! That's great that he teachers will do that for you. Priceless!
Now you better get planning his Dino B-day Party! Google and you'll be amazed and the ideas you'll find. Can't wait to see what you come up with! :) No pressure, he'll love anything!
We got a wee little egg a couple weeks ago too... It was about the size of a cherry tomato. And we had a MASSIVE egg (poor little hen!) a couple years ago. Did I tell you about it? We cracked it open and discovered another complete egg (as in yolk, white, SHELL and all!) inside. It was the craziest thing- an egg in an egg! :)
I miss Rollin! I don't miss Rollin at the treehouse...
Brittany (sister-in-law) and I were just talking about how wonderful you are, and how much we like keeping up on you on your blog. You inspire us to be better. I miss you.
I'll be calling you soon about bunnies....
We're in Utah. Adele got baptized today!
I love that his teachers wrote down what he said...priceless. Too cute!
Oh my gosh, that is the most awesome capture of a child's description of life I've ever read! What a treasure! I think Rollin is right, that has to be a T-Rex egg! Yipes! You are going to have to blow that one out so he can keep it forever!
Post a Comment