




Chris tried to teach Rollin to swim





Thursday, everyone went to Legoland except Evan and I. He still naps several times a day,and there was nothing about lugging him around a theme park that sounded even remotely appealing. Instead, we stayed home and worshipped the sun all day. He took his naps inside and I read and fell asleep by the pool. I decided to practice using the manual settings on my camera so I don't forget everything I learned in my class, and I attempted a little photoshoot with Evan. After lots of over and underexposed shots, I finally came away with a few good ones! He was a perfect little model, happy as could be.









We have a new favorite beach spot in Del Mar. The first day we went we picked up fish tacos and burritoes and headed to the park overlooking the beach. Gosh, it was beautiful. I have always said I don't want to live in So Cal, but I think the perfect place for me might be a farm on the ocean? I love space to roam, to garden, and have animals, but we all love the ocean. I'm pretty sure the only place like that in the states is Hawaii. Zig is constantly looking up farms in Hawaii, which I tease him about (I know I'd have island fever!!), but I think I get it now :)

Here are two tropical plants I wish I could have in my yard.


The weather, which has been all over the place the past month in San Diego, was sunny and the temps were near 80. The day we left the forecast was changing and we returned home to more gorgeous sun. I couldn't be happier. The birds are chirping, flowers are blooming, and the signs of spring are everywhere. Other than one super chilly week, I'm wondering what happened to winter?
20 minutes after the car dropped us at home, Zig was out planting fruit trees with Juan. Then later in the afternoon, he did more planting of some of the heartier vegetables in the garden. Saturday we stayed home and Zig planted flowers with Rollin. The girls had friends over in the afternoon and disappeared to the treehouse for hours. I see the carefree days of summer on the horizon and I can hardly wait. I've just got to figure out a way to pack Evan around. He's such a momma's boy and my days are extremely unproductive until 6pm when he calls it a day. And man, he's getting heavy!
5 comments:
That's it! Let's own neighboring farms in Hawaii! No wonder you seemed so interested in that woman I told you I had read about... Island fever nothing, let's do it.
Adorable pics!! Loved all of them.
Wow, it looks like you went to Hawaii! What a great retreat. I love her pool!
Beautiful photos! I love the one of Evan on the steps.
I was just noticing the chirping birds yesterday and it made me happy.
what a great house to visit!! beautiful pool and plants. and very darling pictures of evan. he is getting so big and is always so bright-eyed. that picture of your legs and his is so classic!!
You are making me DIE 1,000 freezing deaths as I look at your photos and then look outside at the snow on the ground and the 12 degrees on the thermometer! And two more snow storms on the docket for the week ahead. What a fun, perfect trip. I need me some San Diego right now! Can I just say I LOVE Evan?! I think Tommy and Evan could be good buddies in chubbiness! That photo of your feet together is WONDERFUL! As are all the photos!
Post a Comment