Friday, February 26, 2010

Pan Apple Pancake

I can't remember if I've posted this recipe before, but this is one of my favorite breakfast recipes. I love rustic looking dishes and this one is delicious and takes about as long to prepare as oatmeal, making it a great weekday breakfast. I served slices with a little whipped cream and maple syrup. I like using Granny Smith apples in this dish.

The recipe is from www.mothering.com

Photobucket

Pan Apple Pancakes
3 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup all-purpose flour (whole wheat pastry works fine too)
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 tablespoons butter
3 medium apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
1/4 cup brown sugar
Powdered sugar for dusting
Maple syrup

Combine the eggs, milk, flour, granulated sugar, and vanilla in a blender. Blend until smooth, and set aside.
Melt the butter in a nonstick skillet that can later be placed in the oven. Then add the sliced apples and the brown sugar. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about ten minutes or until the apples begin to turn a golden brown. Remove pan from heat.
Pour the blended mixture over the apples in the pan, and move the pan to the oven. Immediately put the pan into the oven at 425°F. Bake for 16 to 18 minutes or until the batter is browned and slightly raised. Once you remove the pan from the oven, dust with powdered sugar. Cut into wedges and serve with maple syrup.

3 comments:

Dee Ann said...

Yum, I want to try!! It says to reduce oven temp to 425! What is the stating temp?!

ashley said...

all the oven cooking is done at 425

Erin said...

I have made this and it is pretty yum.

Ok, red hair??? I was being serious. I need your help!!