Friday, February 26, 2010

life is in the details

Sela walked in the door from school and presented me with this delicate little arrangement that she put together on her walk home from the bus.

There have been many days lately where I've felt like the dumping ground for a whole spectrum of emotions from each of the children, not all pleasant. Emotions/sensitivity definitely seem to be running high around here. However, there are certainly many bright spots, and this little present from Sela really is one of them. I guess because it was so unexpected and I was feeling a little beat down and frustrated at the level of discord in our home.

I love how she took the time to grab little flowers along her way. Just that visual of my sweet 9 year old bounding off the bus (she runs right off so no one asks her if she needs a ride), and picking and arranging tiny flowers in a pinecone along the way is just very sweet and I appreciate her thoughtfulness so much.

Photobucket

3 comments:

Erin said...

that is really sweet :)

Dee Ann said...

Little do they know, how much their sweet acts of kindness make Mom's day bright especially since you have been nursing a little sick one back to health all week long!!! Sort of makes up for the sleepless nights and strained neck muscle. Sweet little Sela!!

Colleen said...

How sweet! I know you really needed that too with the week you've had with a poor sick babe. I am jealouscyou guys have flowers. We won't get any life here for at least another month if not longer :(.