She might not miss those striped socks that coordinate perfectly with her outfit though!


I am blessed to have an amazing mother. There are many words to describe her, but possibly the best, is selfless. She would give and do anything for her children, and always has. She loves us all unconditionally and equally, and we know and appreciate that so much. She has a strong character and a personality that makes even those who've just met her feel like they've been friends for years. She's warm, and loving, and genuine. And let's not even get started on how much the grandkids adore her.
She's also an unbelievably good sport. We all like to tease Mom...maybe a little too much (because sometimes it's just too easy)! I'm not sure I would take the amount of joking she does with such a good nature. But she does, and she laughs right along with us....when she gets the joke that is ;) And now that I mentioned her laugh. I love it. When I think of Mom, I can hear her laugh. She laughs a lot and I love that too.
It's her 39th birthday and I wanted to let her know how wonderful I think she is.
I love and miss you, MOM!!!!
9 comments:
Oh, Ashley, you know how to pull on my heart strings. I could not look at the pictures without tears running down my cheeks. How I loved mothering and the memories linger sweetly on my mind. Each of you children were, are and always will be my life and, now, I see each of you caring for your children and loving them in just the same way. Your Dad and I have now been blessed with the most wonderful, gifted, unique and special grandchildren that any grandparents could ask for. They are the light of our lives and bring true joy through their divine spirits. Thank you, Ashley, for the sweet compliments and pictures. Know that I miss you terribly and long for the time when you and your precious family can be here with us. Love you, MOM
very sweet post about your mama. that first picture resembles you so much!
great pictures of nina too, she is getting to be such a grown-up looking little girl.
Happy Birthday Dee Ann! I love you, too!
Oh, I had to chuckle about the
"39" comment. One glance at the pic with Evan disproves that statement!! That thing about time flying on wings of lightening just keeps coming to mind and I often wish time would stand still so we could bask in the touching moments of everyday family life!! The blog is priceless and will continue to hold more value as the years go by!
Holy cow that is sad :( I don't know why I have been so melancholy at night lately but I have. Just about every night I want to cry at the thought of how quickly time is flying by. I love this time more than anything. I have never been more fulfilled or happier in my life. I told John yesterday that I think I understand why Ann had 12 children! The thought of it ending is truly scary...really.
Wow, what a wonderful childhood we had. So incredibly blessed. Amen to everything you said :) I am very much looking forward to some family time here soon.
Ha! My style hasn't changed much since I was 4!
I love your little outfit Erin, it looks like it's Christmas and I think you are wearing all your gifts...tutu, new pajamas, and probably some jewelery somewhere. I can see the Little House books on the ground. I totally remember that gift!
What treasures those pictures are! I know EXACTLY what you mean in the first part. Too fast, loving it all. Your mom sounds like a wonderful woman and such a blessing. I think our moms would really get along. They could relate on the kid teasing ;).
Hey Ashley-
In that first picture, when you are 7, are you sucking on your middle fingers like some other little children I know? :)
Post a Comment