Wednesday, March 5, 2008

A Good Day

Today we were again blessed with some fantastic weather and things just always seem to go better on those days. Most children are more content outside, and mine are no exception. Rollin pulled his boots on this morning and never looked back. Imagine his joy when he saw Eric and Calvin drive up and park a tractor and a little truck in front of the barn. He literally sprinted across the lawn. He and Nina took turns climbing on the tractor and into the bed of the little truck. Big fun! After convincing Nina to skip preschool, which wasn't hard, I started doing some yard work cleaning up some of the many beds scattered throughout the yard while she and Rollin played. When Sela came home form school, she worked on her little pumpkin garden.



















I tried out the Butternut Squash Apple Galette today and I'm so excited to report that it worked! I was unsure when I made the pastry dough because I wasn't sure if I got the consistency right, but it turned out just perfect. I just love when things work...the first time. Sela and I were going crazy when we tried it. It kind of tasted like a savory pumpkin pie...only way better. It was an easy dinner...we just ate it with a tossed green salad and thankfully there are leftovers. Zig missed out tonight.



1 comment:

Amber Marie said...

mmm that looks so good. I don't know about trying that pastry dough though. It looks like something I would spend hours on and in the end mess up completely!!