Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Reflections

We attended a program at Hollywood Hill last week honoring the children who participated in Reflections. They asked Sela to read her story, "Fire Deer." I think we were the only ones who weren't told beforehand about the reading, so Sela was surprised. She did well and it was a great audience for the children to share their work with. I was so happy for Sela because she worked so hard on her story and hearing applause made her beam. Many nights of illustrating and writing and erasing. It's a lovely little story.


4 comments:

Amber Marie said...

Sela will have to bring her story to Texas so the whole family can hear her read it!

Mmmm your menu sounds like something from a beautiful restaurant :)

Susan said...

That is so cute! I love the book cover. you should get it published! HEy...if Madonna is writing books, I'm positive this will be a hit!

Amber Marie said...

yes you should publish it. I used blurb.com to make a book for my parents for christmas and it is a really nice website. great quality and you can make any kind of book you want!

ashley said...

I will totally check out blurb! I want to make it into a book just because it is so Sela and it would be a great thing for her to have.