Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Nina Style

Nina has really taken an interest lately in putting together outfits. She loves anything beautiful, soft, flowy, and colorful. She is very particular and will hold up several sweaters to an oufit before making a decision. She compliments everyone from Mom to Mrs. Judy to random people in the store on their outfit choices. She couldn't wait to tell my about Mrs. Judy's sparkly broach the other day. She loves for Mommy to "look beautiful." She often wants me to put more effort into what I wear to preschool drop-off and other places. It's hard to explain to her why wearing heels and a fancy dress to preschool might be a bit out of place (especially in the way too dressed down northwest!)I do try to spiff up to meet her standards as best I can in the three minutes I usually have to get ready in the morning! Lip gloss is always a winner and sure to garnish a "mommy, you look so gorgeous" comment as is jewelery. I have to say it is pretty sweet to be the recipient of her heartfelt commpliments as she stares at me, eyes full of love and adoration. At least someone things I look pretty today because I sure don't ;) She is very into jewels and especially loves for me to wear necklaces and dangle earrings.

She watches me get ready and is always there to offer suggestions. Not that sweater, how about this fancy one, etc. For the past week, I told Nina she could pick out exactly what she wanted to wear for the day. She usually chooses her clothing for the most part, but I help a bit and pick things like tights and help her match things. But, it was so much fun letting her have total freedom and to see what she came up with 100 percent by herself. She is often the most dressed up child at school, but it's her and she is her own little person with a very unique sense of style. There's one photo where she is wearing a flag hat. We had stopped by the other house on the way to preschool and Nina raided the dress-ups. She was SO excited to find this flag hat and said "mom, the kids are going to love this hat!" And that's Nina style. A little bit princess, a little bit funky, lots of layers, and always colorful.

the frilly
must accessorize
leggings with skirts are her new thing
lovely spring sweater with Christmas skirt and dot tights (kind of fits as we're teetering between winter and spring)
favorite skirt with Sela's shirt
church dress, vest and hat (you never know what the day might bring!)

3 comments:

Susan said...

Nina's got style! she's so cute all dressed up. if she's asking you to dress up now wait till she gets older! i'm always asking my mom to dress up or put on some lip gloss. she's so cute.

At least she's not wearing neon yellow shorts like i used to love back in the day!!

Dee Ann said...

Nina, Granny loves your outfits. I can't wait to see you in a short little while. You are such a special little girl and I want to have many long talks with you when you come. I will do all of the listening!! Love you! Oh, by the way, I am having fun with that husband of mine - just thought you would like to know for the record.

Erin said...

ash,you have a little erin and a little ashley...how fun!