For the party, we were so lucky with the weather. In the morning, it was overcast and drizzly and I began to prepare to have the party inside, but as we neared the noon hour and the beginning of the party, the sun was shining brightly and we were blessed with a lovely afternoon. The kids played outside the entire time, except for when they came inside to play Sela's "pin the egg in the basket" game. Each year she draws a new picture and makes a game around it. It's so cute to see what joy she takes in watching the kids play (and enjoy) her game. She actually planned another egg and spoon racing game this year, but I didn't see her carry it out. I heard it was a big success though (from sela ;)
After the kids played awhile, we had lunch (bunny sandwiches, deviled eggs, carrots, pears, cheese and crackers, and cucumbers). I made mango chutney chicken salad for the adults. We also decorated cookies, played wiffle ball (how the dynamics change when we have a boy in attendance!), and had an Easter egg hunt. The kids were so busy playing, we never even got to the egg decorating. I had 4 dozen hard boiled eggs that went home with a few families.
No comments:
Post a Comment