Sunday, March 30, 2008

Rally Days

Sela had her first horse show on Saturday. She was judged by a panel and met most of her marks and most importantly she really enjoyed the experience. From a spectator's point of view, it doesn't look like they do too much, but it's because they are focusing on posture, giving cues, and other things I am just learning about. The girls are so serious during all this and try so hard to get their ponies to follow their cues.




















It feels like I've had a lot of posts about Sela lately, but it's been a big month for her I guess. She entered a Trader Joe's coloring contest and spent a couple hours at home working on her entry. To her credit, she tried very hard and really thought she could win. When she was completely finished, Rollin drew a big mark across it. She freaked out, understandably. I tried to think of how to calm her and make the situation better. I suggested writing a little note explaining that her baby brother marked up her page and to please still consider it. About a week later, we were driving home in the car and I had a message on my phone from Trader Joes. They said Sela had won a grand prize. I passed the phone to Sela and let her hear..I should have waited to video her response, but you would have thought she won a trip to disneyland! She was so excited and very surprised. She started screaming "I won, I won!" Below is a picture of her with her prize (lots of treats).

No comments: