Sela's almost lifelong friend, Tennie Davis, was baptized today. She is the first of Sela's close friends to be baptized. Sela, Nina, Tennie, Adele, and Ceci sang "If the Savior Stood Beside Me." It was just the sweetest. We had been practicing all week...singing it at home, in the car, etc. The girls sounded like little angels as they sang today. Sela and Tennie held hands during the song. In the third verse, there is a line that says "He is always near me," and I noticed Sela's eyes just slightly teared up and she stopped singing for one quick second. I was sitting right in front of them on the floor kind of directing them a teeny bit, otherwise, I doubt I would have even noticed. As I mentioned, we've sung this song every day for the past week or so she was quite familiar. Later in the car on the way home, she said "Mom, I had happy tears today when we were singing." I knew exactly what she was talking about. We talked about how she felt the Spirit and that was Heavenly Father's way of letting her know He lives and loves her. What a special and memorable day it was.


1 comment:
How very sweet and special an experience as a baptism. I'm sure the girls did sing as angels - just wish we could have seen them. December will be here before we know it and Sela's baptism we will be at. How thankful I am for this gospel and the many blessings it brings into our lives daily. Tell the girls and Rollin that I love them and we are looking forward to seeing you all in just a few weeks for, yet, another special spiritual experience, Jude's blessing! Love to all, MOM
Post a Comment