Nina has been sneaking off with our wallets lately in order to have the materials she deems necessary to play "mom." She has my old cell phone, lots of important keys and some lip gloss. She also snagged a garage door opener. She demands Zig's wallet as soon as he gets home and both of us have become very hesitant because cards, money, and such always go missing after being put in Nina's purse. I decided to check a thrift store this week to find a grown up wallet for Nina. I knew no kid wallet would work. I found a perfect medium sized red leather wallet. Less than two bucks. I filled it with some of my outdated cards and Erin's costco card she left behind, and gave it to Nina when I picked her up from school. You would have thought she got a trip to Disneyland. She was literally speechless. It was so cute. She has told me thank you a million times.
While at the thrift store, we found this enormous sack of plastic mega blocks. Coincidentally, I had just spent some time at the bank trying to pry Rollin away from their mega blocks. I really don't like plastic toys, and many have have found their way to the trash, but these blocks he could actually manipulate and construct towers. So, we decided to buy them. 6 bucks for a huge trash bag full. Oh, and as we made our way to the cash register, I saw this little quilt with lots of mod looking colors on it and jsut had to take a closer look. It was so cute and it kind of made me sad looking at all the hours and hours that must have gone into knitting this quilt by some adorable grandma only for it to be sitting in a thrift store for 2 dollars. We just couldn't leave it behind. So, we went for a wallet and came out with a bit more. That was our thrift store fun!
The spongy curlers are back again. This time just for Nina. She was a trooper sleeping in them, and said she had to turn her head over and over all night long, but it was worth it. I love her with curls...it seems to fit her personality well.
Tonight everyone ate their dinner without having to be encouraged so I decided to make them some chocolate milk for being so good. Sela discovered she could blow huge bubbles in the milk and then it became a game for all of them. They were laughing and playing and having great fun trying to make the biggest bubbles. Even little Rollie boo figured it out.
1 comment:
What a trouper! Nina is adorable with those little curls. Rollin looks so funny in that last picture. Haha.
Post a Comment