Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Christmas 2007

A Few Highlights from the last couple of weeks in December....


Watching Nina and her schoolmates sing at Mrs. Judy's Christmas party.
Riding the monorail to the carousel in downtown Seattle and viewing the Gingerbread houses.


Making Gingerbread angels, houses, trees, and stars.


















Finally moving the girls back into their bedroom on Christmas Eve, after a three month family sleepover in the living room. Our floors are finally finshed.

Christmas morning

Waking up at 3am, going to San Diego and spending Christmas Day with Shamu, Babcia, Martin, Chris, and Clement at Sea World.
We now understand why no one sits in the front rows labeled wet zone. Just ask Rollin, you really do get wet, and it's pretty frightening for a little guy.
















Getting a surprise visit from the "real" Santa in California. He showed up on his way home and dropped off more gifts for the girls. They were stunned and weren't quite sure what to think. But I can tell you they definitely believe in Santa Clause.





















Learning that Sela has simplified her Christmas list for next year. Mom, I only want one thing from Santa next year. It will be real easy for him. Just one thing. A real live dolphin. Hmmm....

Meeting Boozer, the Serafin family's bull mastiff. Quite a dog. Huge, lazy, gentle, friendly and spoiled. He sleeps with a blankie. We all loved him. Nina misses "Boozie."



















Playing tennis at Babcia's house with the girls, and Martin, who is very good for only playing a handful of times.

Celebrating Nina's 4th Birthday with a bang. She had her special day all planned out in her head, and I'm really glad I asked her about it the day before. She wanted decorations and little balloons all around. She wanted to eat pancakes for breakfast and pizza for dinner. Musical chairs for the game. A carrot cake with frosting and fairies on top. Between Tina and I and the uncles, we gave her the party she had been dreaming of. She woke up to the dining area decorated with streamers and balloons (thanks Chris!) and pancakes. We went to California Pizza Kitchen for dinner and came home and ate cake and opened presents. Martin read to Nina from her new book until her eyelids got very heavy.





Nina loved the snow white dress-up from Tina.

















We played musical chairs the next evening with Martin providing the very lively music on the accordian. Everyone played along and it was so much fun. We let Nina win the first one and she was quite pleased.





















Bringing home 60 pounds of citrus in the form of the sweetest tangerines, lemons and oranges. Chris was so kind to pick all of these for us from the orchard at the Vista house. They are to die for and I want the supply to last forever, but we have already made a huge dent in it!














Discovering that after all that planning and shopping, the favorite toys, hands down, are three boxes we used to bring extra stuff home from San Diego. The kids have played with them every day since we've been home. They made three little houses and Nina has even slept in hers. They order snacks from them, and they have literally spent hours playing together, all three kids. They've also had some fun the vintage scarves I found at an estate sale for Nina. It's amazing what they can come up with using a simple box and some scarves.


















Well, these are a few of the fun moments of our incredibly busy December. Two birthdays in December makes things a little crazy. Come January 1st, I feel like I've just run a marathon. We love and miss you all, especially the family we weren't able to see this Christmas. You were in our thoughts.

2 comments:

Susan said...

WE miss you guys too! We really need to get together with all the kids. Maybe we should start our own family reunion! I'm glad you had a great christmas. Another year and none of us are getting younger. Love you all!!!!

Amber Marie said...

Sounds like the Serafins had another magical holiday! Did you guys drive to San Diego? If so, you really should've stopped by to say hi! Anyway I am pretty sure your children are having the best childhood I have ever heard of :)