Sunday, January 13, 2008

Our weekend

Sela was ecstatic to learn her literature entry for Reflections won an honorable mention at the district contest this weekend. The story she won with was "Fire Deer." It's such a great little story about a deer who can live in fire and how he found love in his heart. Only four people from her school received awards at the district level so we were really happy for Sela. We went out to dinner to celebrate. I was so proud of Sela I just had to have a coconut almond chocolate sundae to honor her.

Last night Zig and I were talking about something in hushed tones and the girls kept asking what it was. I said when you're twenty I'll tell you. I think I must have been on a kick with that line yesterday because I said it for something else..oh yeah, when you're twenty you can use the whole bottle of whipped cream, but for now mommy gets to choose how much you have. Anyway, the girls being quite clever went and dressed up in my clothes so they could look 20. They think they are soooo funny :)
Max is such an easy going pup...he was very willing to give his paw for the girls to make his paw print.

2 comments:

Amber Marie said...

Congratulations Sela! I won a similar award in elementary school. Sounds like a very thoughtful and creative story!!

Susan said...

No, I wish that we had horses back then. My dad was obsessed with them, and we lived out in the country when I was younger (I know, country in Miami?? Sounds impossible, but we did live on 17 acres for a while). My dad would take us horse back ridding every weekend. I would love a horse. Actually my neighborhood has 3 horses and is one of the few neighborhoods that allow horses still. Funny huh??