Monday, January 7, 2008

Portrait of a 4 year old

I just took some pictures of Nina today, doing things she does most days. Dressing the way she does most days, and acting like the beautiful princess ballerina that she truly believes she is. Sela told her last week "Nina, you are the best ballerina who never took ballet lessons." Nina is so fortunate to have such a kind sister. She turned four over the break and it's been fun watching her really come into her own this past year. Her personality is definitely emerging. She is quite dramatic and emotional and full of life. When I think of Nina, the first thing I see is the sparkle in her eyes and the skip in her step. And of course, her little voice is something I just adore. She is always trying to put Zig and I in our place, which is funny or not so funny depending on the circumstances. A couple of days ago she said in a very exasperated voice, "Mom, you're not being respectable. Are your ears stuffed up? Can you hear me??" When she wants something, she wants it yesterday. That's our Nina. I can relate to her because I was something like her as a child, or so I'm told.







1 comment:

Susan said...

Wow, these pictures really make her look older! She's such a cutie. I really hope we can all get together sometime soon.