We get a produce delivery each week from a local farm. Every week it is different, based on what is in season and available, which I love. We have learned to eat a huge variety of vegetables we might not normally buy. This week we had these yummy little purple carrots which are Sela's favorite. However, some weeks it takes some effort to eat everything before it goes bad, so I've started making veggie trays before meals with different dips. The kids always seem to want snacks right before dinner and I've noticed that they will devour all kinds of veggies when the moment is right and their tummies are hungry. It makes dinner less stressful, because they have already eaten their veggies.
The other way we try to eat up the veggies is on pizza. This week we sauteed chard which was a new addition, but it was soooo yummy. I plastered my little pie in it and Zig's as well. The girls started with just one piece, which is fine. I just get so happy that they are willing to try new things.

No comments:
Post a Comment