Trick or Treating was really fun for the girls. Much to Sela's delight, we met up with Sela's best friend from school, Treela, and trick or treated with her family. We didn't even plan to see them and we met them at our first stop. We went to the only actual neighborhood on Hollywood Hill called "The Farm." It was so fun to go to each house.... the people really went all out with the decorating and seemed to love all the kids. When it got too chilly, and the little buckets were overflowing, we came home. The girls sorted the candies into like pieces and then asked me what all the candies were. That made me swell with pride. Just kidding. They threw away everything with colors or dyes very willingly and kept the chocolate. We put it up in the cabinet and they have pretty much forgotton about it. A piece here and there, but most went to the candy fairy who left them a small treat in exchange for the loot.
Nina made playdough for her friends at preschool.
All week I prepared to teach this class at church on Holiday Gifts for Neighbors and Friends. I agreed in order to help my friend who was in charge, but it was actually a lot more work than I realized. I enjoy trying out new recipes and getting ideas, but it was just a busier week than usual, so it was a little stressful to have the class looming in my mind. I made Triple Ginger cookies from the new amazing cookbook, Macrina (a local seattle bakery), and Cranberry Orange cookies. Some of the other things I made for were a healthy party mix, cranberry almond granola, vanilla almond granola, herb nut couscous mix, Exfoliating grains, mexican spiced hot chocolate, two kinds of spiced nuts, and other non-food type gifts. It was really fun. I'm glad it's over, but also glad it got me organized for my own gifting for the holidays.
4 comments:
Cute pictures. Nina looks so much older than when I saw her last! Ashley, can you PLEASE start a recipe blog?!? I would LOVE to have all- or some of your recipes :) All the holiday treats you tried out sound so yummy.
Happy Holidays!!
I'm with Amber. Send those recipes. Everytime I read your blogg, I think you should start a recipe book and have it published. Or simply, put into a book life as a well-meaning Mom and all the fun things one can accomplish daily.
mom, you commented as me...too funny. did you login with my email address?
Cute!! I love halloween. the girlslook adorable. I agree with amber. you need a recipe blog!!
Post a Comment