Sunday, October 28, 2007

Small wonders

This afternoon we spent some time exploring outside and I took the camera along. There are some amazing little fungi in our yard. Probably at least 15 different varieties of mushrooms have emerged in the last few weeks. From the brilliant orange waxy-like mushrooms that sent the girls screaming with excitement, to the small little toadstool and the giant speckled shroom. What a perfect activity for Sunday as we reflect on the majesty of God's creations. There is beauty all around us. Sometimes you have to kneel down to find it.




























Sela and Zig both caught salamanders. They didn't even look real. THey were so cute with big heads and eyes. They looked exactly like a plastic toy. Extremely rubbery.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Ashley we need to come visit you! I think next year when Savanna is older we're going to go visit everyone and when she gets better at flying we'll deffinately have to make the trip. I love how you all explore your new yard. It looks like so much fun.